Healthy Salad Nicoise
|Olive oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (1 Lemon)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped fresh basil/1 1/2 teaspoons leaf basil, crumbled||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red-skinned potatoes||4 Small|
|Green beans||1⁄2 Pound, end removed|
|Sweet yellow pepper||1 Small, cored and seeded|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Small, cored and seeded|
|Red onion||1 Medium, peeled|
|Tomato||1 Medium, cored|
|Green leaf lettuce head||1 Large|
|Hard-cooked eggs||2 , thinly sliced|
|Canned tuna||13 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 6 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Oil cured olives||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (About 16 Olives)|
1. Prepare the Dressing: Whisk together the olive oil, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, basil, mustard, salt and white pepper in a medium-size bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside.
2. Prepare the Salad: Cook the potatoes in enough boiling water to cover the potatoes in a medium-size pot until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the water with a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Remove the potatoes from the water and drain on paper toweling. Thinly slice the potatoes, keeping the slices of each potato together in the original potato shape.
3. Drop the green beans into a medium-size saucepan of enough boiling water to cover the beans. Cook the beans until tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the beans and plunge them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain the beans again and dry on paper toweling.
4. Slice the yellow and red peppers lengthwise into 1/4-inch-wide slices. Slice the red onion into six 1/8-inch-thick slices. Cut the tomato into 6 equal wedges.
5. Reserve 2 or 3 large lettuce leaves; tear the remainder into bite-size pieces. Arrange the pieces in a large shallow serving bowl.
6. Fan the sliced potatoes slightly; arrange the potatoes, spoke-fashion from the outside edge of the bowl, dividing the salad into 4 sections. Arrange half of the red and yellow peppers and the green beans in one section. Arrange remaining half in the section directly opposite.
7. Arrange the onion, egg slices and tomato wedges in the remaining two sections.
8. Place the reserved whole lettuce leaves in the center of the salad to form a cup. Arrange the tuna in the lettuce cup. Scatter the olives over the salad.
9. Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.