Tuna Nicoise Salad
|New potatoes||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Small green beans||4 Ounce, trimmed and halved (115 Grams)|
|Tuna steaks||12 Ounce (2 In Number Of 175 Grams Each)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon (Plus Extra For Brushing)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Dijon mustard||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Boston lettuce/Bibb lettuce||2|
|Cherry tomatoes||7 Ounce, halved (200 Grams)|
|Cucumber||6 Ounce, peeled, cut in half, and sliced (175 Grams)|
|Pitted black olives||2 Ounce (55 Grams)|
|Canned anchovies in olive oil||2 Ounce, drained (55 Grams)|
1. Bring a small pan of water to a boil.
Add the eggs and then cook for 7-9 minutes from when the water returns to a boil-7 minutes for a slightly soft center or 9 minutes for a firm center. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Set aside.
2. Cook the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes, until tender. Add the beans 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain both vegetables well and refresh under cold water. Drain well again.
3. Wash and dry the tuna steaks. Brush with a little olive oil and season to taste. Cook on a preheated ridged griddle for 2-3 minutes each side, until just tender but still slightly pink in the center. Set aside to rest.
4. Whisk together the garlic, mustard, lemon juice, basil, ' and seasoning. Whisk in the remaining olive oil.
5. To assemble the salad, break apart the lettuces and tear into large pieces. Divide among individual serving plates. Next, add the potatoes and beans, tomatoes, cucumber, and olives. Toss lightly together. Shell the eggs and cut into fourths lengthwise. Arrange these on top of the salad. Scatter the anchovies over the top.
6. Flake the tuna steaks and arrange on the salad. Pour over the dressing and serve.