Mint Gelatin For Fruit Salads
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice/Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Crushed mint leaves/2 teaspoons dried mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green food color||3 Drop|
|Fruits||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Fresh / Cooked)|
|Belgian endive/Iceberg lettuce||1|
1. Chill a 1-quart mold in the refrigerator until the gelatin mixture is ready. Then rinse it with cold water but do not dry it.
2. Soak the gelatin in the lemon juice or vinegar.
3. Steep the mint in 3/4 cup boiling water 6 minutes. Drain, add 4 to 6 drops green food coloring.
4. Stir the gelatin in 1 cup boiling water to dissolve it. Add the mint liquid, straining out the leaves. Let it cool and when it begins to set, add 1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh fruit (except pineapple) or cooked fruit.
5. Pour into mold and chill in refrigerator until firm, 1 hour or longer.
6. Unmold, and serve on Belgian endive or iceberg lettuce. Salad or French Dressing or mayonnaise may accompany this.