Squid And Scallop Salad
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and halved|
|Bell pepper||1 , seeded and halved (Yellow / Green Colored)|
|Squid tubes||2 (Calamari)|
|Scallops||8 Ounce, roe coral removed (250 Gram)|
|Asparagus||8 Ounce, cut into 2 inch pieces, blanched (250 Gram)|
|Red onion||1 , sliced|
|Fresh coriander leaves||3 Tablespoon|
|Rocket leaves/Watercress||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|For herb and balsamic dressing|
|Finely grated fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh rosemary||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Fluid Ounce (1/4 Cup / 60 Milliliter)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar/Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
1. To make dressing, place ginger, rosemary, garlic, oil, lime juice and vinegar in a screwtop jar and shake well to combine. Set aside.
2. Preheat barbecue to a high heat. Place red and yellow or green pepper halves, skin side down on lightly oiled barbecue grill and cook for 5-10 minutes or until skins are blistered and charred. Place peppers in a plastic food bag or paper bag and set aside until cool enough to handle. Remove skins from peppers and cut flesh into thin strips.
3. Cut squid (calamari) tubes lengthwise and open out flat. Using a sharp knife cut parallel lines down the length of the squid (calamari), taking care not to cut through the flesh. Make more cuts in the opposite direction to form a diamond pattern. Cut into 5cm/2in squares.
4. Place squid (calamari) and scallops on lightly oiled barbecue plate (griddle) and cook, turning several times, for 3 minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool slightly.
5. Combine red and yellow or green peppers, asparagus, onion and coriander. Line a large serving platter with rocket or watercress, top with vegetables, squid (calamari) and scallops. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.