Papaya Chicken Salad
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||16 Ounce (4 Pieces, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Basil leaf||2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Liquid red pepper seasoning||1 Dash|
|Unbleached all purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Safflower oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Papaya orange dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Red leaf lettuce||1|
|Seedless red grapes||4 Tablespoon|
|Sweet pepper strips||4 Tablespoon (Green Colored)|
|Papaya||1 Large, sliced into thin wedges|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Large, halved, seeded and cut into strips|
1. Place the chicken in a shallow dish. Combine the orange juice and rind, the basil and red-pepper seasoning in a cup. Pour the juice mixture over the chicken; turn to coat the chicken. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to moderate (350°).
3. Drain the chicken well, reserving the marinade. Dust the chicken with the flour.
4. Heat the oil in an ovenproof skillet. Add the chicken and lightly brown on both sides. Add the reserved marinade to the skillet.
5. Bake the chicken in the skillet in the preheated moderate oven (350°) for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Cool the chicken. Strain the skillet juices and reserve for the Papaya-Orange Dressing.
6. Prepare the Papaya-Orange Dressing.
7. Line 4 individual plates with the red leaf lettuce, watercress, red grapes and sweet green pepper strips. Cut the chicken into strips and arrange the strips in the middle of the plates with the strips of papaya and red pepper.
8. Ladle the Papaya-Orange Dressing over the chicken.
Calories 338 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.9%
Saturated Fat 0.61 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.8 mg21.9%
Sodium 94.2 mg3.9%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.9%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 31 g62.3%
Vitamin A 200.5% Vitamin C 347%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet