Grilled Fish Salad
|Fresh ginger slices||4 , finely chopped (Quarter Size Slices)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Reduced-sodium soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lime zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cod steaks/Halibut steaks||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Shredded napa cabbage||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded red leaf lettuce||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Large, cut into thin matchsticks|
|Bean sprouts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon, toasted if desired|
1. Preheat the broiler or prepare the grill. If broiling, line a broiler pan with foil and lightly oil the foil.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, soy sauce, lime juice, oil, honey, lime zest, black pepper, and red pepper flakes, and whisk to blend. Set aside half of the mixture to use as a salad dressing.
3. Place the fish on the grill or broiler pan and baste with half of the marinade. Grill or broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn the fish over and brush with the remaining marinade. Cook until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork, about 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, divide the cabbage, lettuce, carrots, and bean sprouts evenly among 4 dinner plates.
5. Cut the hot fish into 1/2-inch chunks and place them on top of the greens. Pour the dressing over all. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.