Seven 7 Layer Salad
|Lettuce||, dressing (cheddar cheese you also choose a of your liking i like the garlic salad peas bacon this is if you are a vegetarian you choose to omit this from the list of ingredients egg)|
As the name suggests, seven (7) layer salad is made of seven layers, thus, you would need a large bowl or pan to stack up the layers. Lets start from bottom up (duhh!)
- Chop the lettuce in small pieces. I typically rinse it with some salad dressing.
- Take frozen peas. Rinse with water and top the lettuce with a thin layer. I know some people who are not very fond of peas, so suit yourself.
- The next layer, typically, is bacon - usually my favorite part. If you are a vegetarian, you can choose to skip this.
- The next layer in the salad is well chopped tomatoes. Fairly straight forward. I would add some more salad dressing to this layer to keep the taste uniform
- Slice the boiled eggs and add that as the next layer. Make sure that your eggs are hard boiled.
- Top off with grated cheddar cheese.
- I would add some more peas to top off the salad.
I am told that you should let this seven (7) layer salad sit for about an hour before serving. I wouldnt let this sit for too long though; nothing more than 3-4 hours. Dont forget to stir before serving.