Chicken Liver and Potato Salad
|Chicken liver||10 Ounce (300 g)|
|Canned anchovies in oil||2 Ounce (50 g, 1 tin)|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 tbls)|
|Lemon||1 1⁄2 , juiced|
|Butter||1 1⁄4 Ounce (30 g)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, coarsely chopped (5 ml)|
1. Wash the potatoes. Cook them in their jackets for 20 minutes in boiling salted water. Meanwhile, hard boil the eggs.
2. Cut the chicken livers into pieces. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the livers for a few minutes, until they become tender. Put aside. Open the tin of anchovies. Pour away the oil and fry the anchovies in a small saucepan, until they become a paste.
3. Remove the eggs from the water and drain the potatoes.
4. In a large bowl, dissolve a pinch of salt in the lemon juice. Add the anchovy paste and olive oil. Season with pepper.
5. Skin the potatoes while still warm. Slice them and place in the salad bowl. Mix with the sauce. Add the chicken livers. Mix again. Top the salad with the sliced hard-boiled eggs and sprinkle with parsley. Serve still warm.