Chicken Liver and Potato Salad
|Chicken liver||10 Ounce (300 g)|
|Canned anchovies in oil||2 Ounce (50 g, 1 tin)|
|Olive oil||30 Milliliter (2 tbls)|
|Lemon||1 1⁄2 , juiced|
|Butter||1 1⁄4 Ounce (30 g)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, coarsely chopped (5 ml)|
1. Wash the potatoes. Cook them in their jackets for 20 minutes in boiling salted water. Meanwhile, hard boil the eggs.
2. Cut the chicken livers into pieces. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the livers for a few minutes, until they become tender. Put aside. Open the tin of anchovies. Pour away the oil and fry the anchovies in a small saucepan, until they become a paste.
3. Remove the eggs from the water and drain the potatoes.
4. In a large bowl, dissolve a pinch of salt in the lemon juice. Add the anchovy paste and olive oil. Season with pepper.
5. Skin the potatoes while still warm. Slice them and place in the salad bowl. Mix with the sauce. Add the chicken livers. Mix again. Top the salad with the sliced hard-boiled eggs and sprinkle with parsley. Serve still warm.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2734 Calories from Fat 856
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g148.3%
Saturated Fat 32 g159.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 1688.8 mg562.9%
Sodium 541.2 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 379 g126.4%
Dietary Fiber 48.3 g193%
Sugars 16.8 g
Protein 121 g242.3%
Vitamin A 670.1% Vitamin C 864%
Calcium 41.1% Iron 249.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet