Garden Vegetable Pasta Salad
|Macaroni||8 Ounce (250 g)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Carrots||2 , sliced diagonally into 1/4 inch slices|
|French beans||4 Ounce (125g, topped, tailed and sliced diagonally into 1 inch pieces)|
|Shelled peas||3 Ounce (90 g, fresh or frozen)|
|Sweet corn||2 Ounce (60 g, fresh or frozen)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (30 g)|
|Olive oil||2 Fluid Ounce (60 ml)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1|
1. Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a screwtop jar. Close tightly; shake until well combined.
2. Cook macaroni in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water until just tender. Drain, rinse under cold water; drain again. Place in a salad bowl, add oil and toss.
3. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil. Cook carrot slices for 3 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon, refresh under cold water and drain. Repeat the process with beans, cooking them for only 1 minute.
4. Add peas and corn to the boiling water and cook them until just tender. Drain, refresh under cold water and drain again.
5. Add beans, carrots, peas and corn to pasta, pour over dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle salad with Parmesan and serve at once.