|Plain unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold water/Stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling liquid||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs) (water or stock)|
|Vinegar/Lemon juice if vegetable / fish||2 Tablespoon (if meat or chicken is used)|
|Chopped cooked meat/Vegetables, poultry / fish||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
1. Use a 1-quart fancy mold for this aspic, or a small loaf pan, or small ring mold. Chill the mold in the refrigerator until the aspic or gelatin mixture is ready to pour in it. Then rinse it in cold water, drain but do not wipe it.
2. Soak the gelatin in the cold stock, then stir into the hot water or stock to dissolve. Let it cool.
3. Add the vinegar and seasonings. This may be cooled further and, when it begins to solidify, use it to glaze other foods.
4. Otherwise, when it begins to harden, mix with cooked or fresh vegetables, cooked chopped seafood, meat or poultry.
5. Chill until firm, 1 hour or longer. Unmold and serve on salad greens.