The Natural Princess adds a little pasta to a classic summer tomato recipe and ta-da dinner is served.
For the salad base
2 Pound, quartered (Various varieties of tomatoes can be used)
8 Ounce, cut into bite sized pieces
3 Clove (15 gm), minced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into thin ribbons
For the pasta
4 Cup (64 tbs) (To boil the pasta)
1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)
Whole wheat pasta
1 Pound (Fusilli pasta used)
For the salad dressing
Extra virgin olive oil
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Red wine vinegar
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a pot boil water for cooking the pasta. Once the water starts to boil, add the whole wheat fusilli pasta and salt.
2. Let the pasta cook for 10 minutes. Once done, drain and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
3. In a bowl add the quartered cherry tomatoes, cut mozarella pieces, minced garlic and the freshly chopped basil leaves.
4. In another bowl prepare the dressing by whisking together extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar and sat and pepper to taste.
5. Pour the dressing over the tomato mixture and let it sit till the pasta is cool and ready.
6. Add the cooked and cooled pasta to the tomato mixture. Using a spoon mix well to coat the dressing well all over the pasta. Let the pasta sit for at least 15 minutes before serving to allow the dressing to soak into the pasta.
Feeling like having salad, but don' want to have the regular salad, then check out this amazing and yummy Pasta Caprese Salad. This salad is made from fresh tomatoes, basil, cheese, red wine vinegar. This is so tempting isn't it? Chef Alicia does a good job in making this salad, something very innovative and tasty to try.