Chicken Caesar Salad
|Chicken breast fillets||2|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Pinch|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic croutons||2 Ounce (1 cup / 60 gram)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Ounce (1/4 cup / 30 gram)|
|Shaved parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon (for garnish)|
1. Trim the chicken fillets. Mix together the garlic, salt, pepper, oil and lemon juice. Cover and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Heat grill or chargrill until hot. Sear the fillets one minute on each side, then cook 3 minutes each side. Remove and rest for 5 minutes before cutting into 1/2 cm slices on the diagonal.
3. Separate the leaves of the cos lettuce, discard outer leaves and wash well. Drain and shake dry in a clean tea towel. Cut greener leaves into bite-sized pieces and leave the pale inner leaves whole. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready for use.
4. Place the anchovy in base of the salad bowl and mash with the back of a fork while the oil is being added. Gradually add the lemon juice while beating, and sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Break in the coddled egg, scraping the set white from inside the shell and lightly stir. Add the mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
5. Add the cos lettuce leaves; toss to coat lightly with dressing while sprinkling over the grated Parmesan cheese. Toss in the chicken and croutons. Rearrange the whole leaves to stand upright and garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese.