Two Pasta Salads Better Than One
|Diced eggplant||4 Cup (64 tbs) (1 Medium One, Unpeeled)|
|Broccoli flowerets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Penne pasta||1⁄2 Pound, cooked according to package directions and drained|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), halved|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Green And White Parts)|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce, cut into 1/4 inch cubes|
|For herbal vinaigrette|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh mint||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For creamy dill dressing|
|Plain non-fat yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Reduced fat mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dijon style mustard with horseradish||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh dill/2 teaspoons dried dill||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. Coat with cooking spray. Spread eggplant in single layer.
2. Bake eggplant 30 minutes, turning once or twice, or until tender.
3. In a pot of boiling water cook broccoli briefly until barely tender. Drain. Chill immediately in bowl of ice water. Drain. Dry on paper towel.
4. In serving bowl combine baked eggplant, broccoli, penne, tomatoes, green onion, and cheese cubes.
5. Dressing: In blender or small food processor blend together ingredients for either Herbal Vinaigrette or Creamy Dill Dressing. Toss salad in dressing of choice.