|Castor sugar||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Lychees||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and stoned (700 Gram)|
|Ginger syrup pieces||4|
|Ginger syrup||4 Tablespoon|
|Cape gooseberries||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Strawberries||4 Ounce, hulled (125 Gram)|
|Almond essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime zest||1 Teaspoon|
1. Place the sugar and 300 ml/ 1/2 pint of water in a small pan and heat, gently stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Once a syrup has formed, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut away the skin from the oranges, then slice thickly. Cut each slice in half and place in a serving dish with the syrup and lychees.
3. Peel the mango, then cut into thick slices around each side of the stone. Discard the stone and cut the slices into bite-sized pieces and add to the syrup.
4. Using a sharp knife again, carefully cut away the skin from the pineapple.
5. Remove the central core using the knife or an apple corer, then cut the pineapple into segments and add to the syrup.
6. Peel the papaya, then cut in half and remove the seeds. Cut the flesh into chunks, slice the ginger into matchsticks and add with the ginger syrup to the fruit in the syrup.
7. Prepare the Cape gooseberries, by removing the thin, papery skins and rinsing lightly.
8. Halve the strawberries, add to the fruit with the almond essence and chill for 30 minutes. Scatter with mint leaves and lime zest to decorate and serve.