Rice Salad with Tuna and Shrimp
|Uncooked long grain white rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Shrimp with shells||1⁄2 Pound (Medium Sized)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 Medium, peeled, seeded and cut crosswise into thin slices|
|Canned tuna in oil||6 1⁄2 Ounce, broken into chunks (1 Can)|
|Capers||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, drained|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Juice Of 2 Lemons)|
|Canned anchovy fillets||3 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Basil leaves/1 tablespoon leaf basil, crumbled||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), coarsely chopped (Firmly Packed)|
|Oil cured black olives||10 , pitted|
1. Cook the rice according to the package directions. Mix in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Set the rice aside and let cool completely.
2. Steam the shrimp over boiling water in a tightly covered saucepan or steamer until the shrimp are pink and firm, 4 to 5 minutes. When the shrimp are cool enough to handle, remove the shells and devein.
3. Combine the rice, shrimp, cucumber, tuna and capers in a serving bowl.
4. Mix together the lemon juice, anchovies, garlic and the remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil in a small bowl. Add the dressing to the rice mixture along with the basil and salt and pepper. Toss to mix the salad well.
5. Garnish the salad with the black olives and cherry tomatoes. Serve the salad cold or at room temperature.