1. Break the tail end from the leg and with kitchen scissors cut open the shell on the underside.
2. Extract the meat from the leg and the tail.
3. Preheat oven at 425 degree.
4. Into a pot add water, salt and butter.
5. Boil the mixture over medium flame.
6. Decrease the heat and add flour into it. Stir to mix well.
7. Turn on the heat and stir the mixture for 1 minute until dry.
8. Transfer the mixture into a bowl and pour the beaten mixture at the center of the dough shaped into a well. Add small quantities and mix until blended.
9. Add cheddar cheese into the mixture and stir it in.
10. Line a tray with a baking sheet.
11. Transfer the mixture into a pastry bag.
12. On the tray squeeze out the mixture in gougeres.
13. Bake in oven at 425 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
14. For the dressing in a bowl add olive oil, sugar, vinegar, onion, paprika, and worchestire sauce.
15. Blend using a hand blender.
16. Now add poppy seeds into it. Stir to mix.
17. In a plate arrange the greens, strawberries and shredded crab.
18. Sprinkle the dressing over it.
19. Place the gougeres on the side and enjoy.
This pretty, scrummy salad comes together in a hurry and takes advantage of tasty, crunchy, ocean-fresh crabs. This delectable salad is chockfull of tender crab meat, greens and a delectable dressing. Perfect for lunch or dinner, you can serve this as light main course or appetizer. Stream the video to learn how to make this classic crab salad at home.