This video recipe will show you how to make a perfect southern, soul food potato salad. A summertime favorite in my house! This potato salad is creamy with the perfect balance of ingredients and seasoning. It's easy, simple, and a real crowd-pleaser. It can easily be customized to suit your liking.
2 Large, peeled, diced
1⁄3 Medium, chopped finely
1 Cup (16 tbs) (Dukes (3/4-1 cup))
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
4 Dash (or more)
2 Pinch (to sprinkle on top)
1. Bring a saucepan half filled with water to a boil. Add potatoes.
2. Cook for around 8 minutes until firm to the touch but tender to the bite. Do not overcook.
3. In a separate pot, boil the eggs until done.
4. Drain hot potatoes and transfer into a large bowl.
5. Peel the eggs. Separate the yolks from the egg white.
6. In separate bowls mash up the yolks and dice up the egg whites.
7. Place the potatoes, eggs whites, yolks, and onions in the refrigerator until cold.
8. In a large bowl add egg yolks, egg whites and the onion.
9. Put in the mayo, dill relish and sweet relish.
10. Add in the mustard, seasoning salt, black pepper, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Stir all to mix well. Taste it and adjust the seasoning to taste.
11. In a serving bowl, or plate, serve this salad as an appetizer sprinkled with paprika.
A wonderful 'no fail' potato salad. This video prepares outstanding southern style creamy potato salad by mixing the right seasoning to provide that zesty taste. This salad is hearty enough but is not loaded with sugar or butter. Try it and be pleasantly surprised.