Easy Southern Potato Salad
|Russet potato||2 Large, peeled, diced|
|White onions||1⁄3 Medium, chopped finely|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Dukes (3/4-1 cup))|
|Sweet relish||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dill relish||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Dash|
|Celery seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Seasoning salt||4 Dash (or more)|
|Black pepper||4 Dash|
|Paprika||2 Pinch (to sprinkle on top)|
1. Bring a saucepan half filled with water to a boil. Add potatoes.
2. Cook for around 8 minutes until firm to the touch but tender to the bite. Do not overcook.
3. In a separate pot, boil the eggs until done.
4. Drain hot potatoes and transfer into a large bowl.
5. Peel the eggs. Separate the yolks from the egg white.
6. In separate bowls mash up the yolks and dice up the egg whites.
7. Place the potatoes, eggs whites, yolks, and onions in the refrigerator until cold.
8. In a large bowl add egg yolks, egg whites and the onion.
9. Put in the mayo, dill relish and sweet relish.
10. Add in the mustard, seasoning salt, black pepper, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce and sugar. Stir all to mix well. Taste it and adjust the seasoning to taste.
11. In a serving bowl, or plate, serve this salad as an appetizer sprinkled with paprika.