Classic Chicken Terrine
|Chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Piece, Weighing Approximately 1.2 Kilogram)|
|Ham||10 Ounce (Parma Or Bayonne Style, 300 Gram)|
|Thin unsmoked fat streaky bacon rashers||5 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Cognac||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
|Pork fillet/Lean pork||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Veal breast||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Butter||3 1⁄4 Ounce (80 Gram)|
|Mixed spice||4 Pinch|
|Powdered gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Packet)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Bone the chicken and brown gently for 5 minutes in butter, stirring with a wooden spoon. Put aside.
2. Chop the pork, veal and ham, add the eggs and mixed spice, season and pour in the cognac. Dissolve the gelatine in 1/2 litre (18 fl oz) lukewarm water. Add to the pork mixture and mix well.
3. Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F; gas mark 6).
4. Line the bottom of a terrine with half the bacon rashers. Cover with a layer of the pork mixture and then a layer of chicken, repeating until the terrine is completely filled. Cover with the remaining bacon rashers and then with the lid.
5. Seal the lid of the terrine with a strip of flour and water paste. Bake for 2 hours. When cold, refrigerate for 48 hours before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5398 Calories from Fat 2818
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 315 g484.1%
Saturated Fat 126.9 g634.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 1846.2 mg615.4%
Sodium 2866.6 mg119.4%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 479 g957.9%
Vitamin A 78.2% Vitamin C 0.16%
Calcium 29.8% Iron 111%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet