Nutty Rice Salad
|Brown rice||7 Ounce (2 Cups / 440 Gram)|
|Asparagus spears||8 Ounce, trimmed (250 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3 , peeled and sliced|
|Spring onions||3 , sliced|
|Tomatoes||3 , chopped|
|Chopped pecans||2 Ounce (60 Gram)|
|Orange dressing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||2 Fluid Ounce (1/4 Cup / 60 Milliliter)|
1. Cook rice in boiling water in a large saucepan following packet directions. Drain well and set aside to cool.
2. Boil, steam or microwave asparagus until just tender. Drain and refresh under cold running water. Set aside to cool completely. Cut into 5 cm / 2 in pieces.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onions are soft and golden. Set aside to cool.
4. Place rice, asparagus, onions, spring onions, tomatoes, pecans and sultanas in a salad bowl and toss to combine.
5. To make dressing, place garlic, mustard, orange juice and oil in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
Calories 448 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.1%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 224.9 mg9.4%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 20.2 g
Protein 8 g16.7%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 51.3%
Calcium 9.3% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet