Duck Breast Salad
|Duck breasts||2 Small, boned|
|Coriander seeds||5 Milliliter, crushed (1 Teaspoon)|
|Rigatoni pasta/Penne pasta||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter / 2/3 Cup)|
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Clear honey||10 Milliliter (2 Teaspoon)|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Celery stick||1 , chopped|
|Dried cherries||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Port||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Chopped fresh mint||30 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Tablespoon For Garnish)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||45 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon Plus 1 Tablespoon For Garnish)|
|Eating apple||1 , diced|
|Oranges||2 , segmented|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
1. Remove the skin and fat from the duck breasts and season with salt and pepper. Rub with coriander seeds. Preheat the grill, then grill the duck for 10 minutes on each side. Wrap in foil and leave for 20 minutes.
2. Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to the packet instructions, until al dente. Drain thoroughly and rinse under cold running water. Leave to cool.
3. To make the dressing, put the orange juice, lemon juice, honey, shallot, garlic, celery, cherries, port, mint and fresh coriander into a bowl, whisk together and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
4. Slice the duck breasts very thinly. (They should be pink in the centre.)
5. Put the pasta into a large bowl, then add the dressing, diced apple and segments of orange. Toss well to coat the pasta. Transfer the salad to a serving plate with the duck slices and garnish with the extra mint and coriander.