Wild Rice And Asparagus Salad
|Long grain and wild rice||8 Ounce (225 Gram, Easy Cook)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole blanched almonds||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Asparagus tips||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Baby sweetcorn||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Avocado||1 , stoned, peeled and roughly chopped|
|Raisins||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
1. Place the rice in a large pan with 600ml water, bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover, then simmer for 15-20 mins until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
2. Heat the oil in a small frying pan, add spices and almonds. Cook for 5-7 mins until toasted, tossing regularly.
3. Bring a medium pan of water to the boil, then blanch the asparagus and sweetcorn for 3-4 mins until tender. Drain and refresh under cold water.
4. Place the rice in a large serving bowl, then mix in the avocado and raisins. Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing, pour half over the rice, mix, then season well.
5. Arrange the rice with the asparagus and sweetcorn on serving plates. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, then sprinkle with the spiced almonds.