Warm Leek and Tomato Salad
|Trimmed baby leeks||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Firm ripe tomatoes||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Shallots||2 , peeled and cut into thin wedges|
|For honey and lime dressing|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lime rind||1 Teaspoon (From 1 Lime)|
|Lime juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Light olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly chopped tarragon||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish:)|
|Freshly chopped basil||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish:)|
1. Trim the leeks so that they are all the same length. Place in a steamer over a pan of boiling water and steam for 8 minutes or until just tender.
2. Drain the leeks thoroughly and arrange in a shallow serving dish.
3. Make a cross in the top of the tomatoes, place in a bowl and cover them with boiling water until their skins start to peel away. Remove from the bowl and carefully remove the skins.
4. Cut the tomatoes into 4 and remove the seeds, then chop into small dice. Spoon over the top of the leeks together with the shallots.
5. In a small bowl make the dressing by whisking the honey, lime rind, lime juice, olive oil, mustard and salt and pepper. Pour 3 tablespoons of the dressing over the leeks and tomatoes and garnish with the tarragon and basil. Serve while the leeks are still warm, with the remaining dressing served separately.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 418.4 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.4%
Sugars 31.9 g
Protein 15 g30.6%
Vitamin A 78.8% Vitamin C 113%
Calcium 26% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet