Warm Leek and Tomato Salad
|Trimmed baby leeks||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Firm ripe tomatoes||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Shallots||2 , peeled and cut into thin wedges|
|For honey and lime dressing|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated lime rind||1 Teaspoon (From 1 Lime)|
|Lime juice||4 Tablespoon|
|Light olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly chopped tarragon||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish:)|
|Freshly chopped basil||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish:)|
1. Trim the leeks so that they are all the same length. Place in a steamer over a pan of boiling water and steam for 8 minutes or until just tender.
2. Drain the leeks thoroughly and arrange in a shallow serving dish.
3. Make a cross in the top of the tomatoes, place in a bowl and cover them with boiling water until their skins start to peel away. Remove from the bowl and carefully remove the skins.
4. Cut the tomatoes into 4 and remove the seeds, then chop into small dice. Spoon over the top of the leeks together with the shallots.
5. In a small bowl make the dressing by whisking the honey, lime rind, lime juice, olive oil, mustard and salt and pepper. Pour 3 tablespoons of the dressing over the leeks and tomatoes and garnish with the tarragon and basil. Serve while the leeks are still warm, with the remaining dressing served separately.