Fruit Salad with Milk and Custard (Indian Dessert)
|For the custard milk|
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs), divided|
|Sugar||3 Tablespoon (Use as required per taste)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|For the fruit mixture|
|Apple||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Banana||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Chikoo||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Mango||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Grape||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Pomegranate||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
1. Heat a pan, with one cup of milk, custard powder, stir gently.
2. Add sugar and stir continuously as the mixture thickens. Turn off the heat and let it rest for a while till it cools.
3. When the milk mixture is cooled down or is slightly warm add the remaining 3 cups of milk, stir gently to mix the milk and the custard mixture well.
4. Add freshly ground cardamom powder and stir. Cover and refrigerate it.
5. Take a bowl with freshly chopped fruits (you can use commonly available fruits).
6. Take a serving glass or bowl, add in the finely chopped fruits and pour the cold custard milk.
7. Serve chilled.
An alternate option to using custard is by mixing condensed milk with regular milk. There is no heating required in this case.
One more option is by mixing half and half milk with the regular milk and adding vanilla extract to it.
Calories 215 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g21.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 23.9 mg8%
Sodium 100.2 mg4.2%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 27.3 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 6.5%
Calcium 26.5% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet