Lentil Sprout Chaat (Salad)
|Ginger paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooked lentils||500 Gram, boiled (Mixed Sprouted Mung, Garbanzo, and other beans)|
|Assorted vegetables||250 Gram, julienned (Onions, carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage, tomatoes, green onions and grapes used)|
|Chaat masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juiced||1 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
|Raw mango||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely (Optional)|
|Sev||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
2. Take a pan and heat it with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Add ginger, garlic and green chili paste.
3. Add the assorted vegetables one by one and stir fry them. Do not overcook the vegetables. (Do not add the tomatoes, onions and grapes at this point)
4. Add salt and chaat masala and stir well.
5. Add all the boiled lentils and stir well. Add the tomatoes, onion, green onions and grapes (Save some of it for the garnish).
6. Add some corn and stir all the vegetables well.
7. Serve the chaat (salad) warm or cold, garnished with tomatoes and green onions followed by sprinkles of cucumber, raw mango and fine sev
Calories 176 Calories from Fat 82
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 355 mg14.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 37.3% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet