Cranberry and Orange Gelatin Salad
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (Plain Variety)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Set a small, fancy mold or bowl in the refrigerator to chill until the gelatin mixture is ready. Then rinse the mold with cold water but do not dry it.
2. Wash cranberries and orange. Cut orange in quarters, leave skin on; remove the seeds. Put both orange and cranberries through the food chopper. Save all ground fruit and juice.
3. Soak the gelatin in the cold water.
4. Heat the sugar with 1/4 cup water to boiling; add the ground pulp and the juice. Stir the gelatin into this mixture while it's still hot. When it begins to set, stir to distribute the fruit thoroughly.
5. Pour mixture into the rinsed mold. Chill in the refrigerator 1 hour or longer, until firm.
6. Unmold and serve with a lettuce and water cress border.