Avocado and Orange Salad
|Onions/Pickling onions||2 Small|
|Parsley||5 Milliliter, coarsely chopped (1 Teaspoon)|
|Oil||45 Milliliter (3 Tablespoon)|
|Vinegar||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
1. Halve 2 avocados, remove the stones and the skin with a sharp knife. Slice the flesh.
2. Peel and segment the oranges. Cut off the stalk end of the tomato, slice and discard the seeds. Peel the onions and slice, separating into rings.
3. Cut off the pointed end of the remaining avocado about one-third of the way down. Remove the stone. With a sharp knife, cut small v shapes around the top.
4. In a bowl, dissolve 3 pinches of salt in the vinegar, add the oil and season with pepper. Stir well.
5. Arrange the lettuce leaves in a serving dish, cover with the sliced tomato, then alternate avocado slices and orange segments on top of the tomato. Garnish with the onion rings, sprinkle with parsley and place the third avocado in the centre of the dish. Pour the vinaigrette into the avocado 'bowl' and serve.