Roasted Golden Beet Salad With Baby Watercress, Endives, Goat Cheese And Walnuts
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Watercress leaves/Baby arugula||1 Bunch (100 gm), rinsed (organic, hydroponic watercress)|
|Fresh goat cheese||4 Ounce, crumbled|
|Fresh chives||4 Small|
|For the roasted beets|
|Golden beets||6 Small, slice|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the roasted nuts|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Walnut oil/Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Pinch|
|For the dressing|
|Shallots||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Sherry vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Cut the top of the beet and peel, cut the beet in half and then quarter, then each quarter into three slices, reserving the tip.
2. Finely chop shallots, rinse the watercress leaves in water and spin dry them in a salad spinner, set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 475 degree F.
4. Place the beets in a roasting pan and drizzle olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, toss well and cover it with a foil. Roast for 25 minute.
5. In a bowl whisk the shallots with vinegar, oil, salt and pepper to taste until well blended. Set aside.
6. In a small bowl combine walnuts, walnut oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Toss well.
7. Heat a small heavy-bottomed skillet to medium-high heat, add te walnut mixture and toss well sauté it for 3-4 minutes or until the nuts are golden brown, stir constantly.
8. Once done transfer in a bowl and set aside.
9. After 25 minutes, remove the foil toss the beet and return it back to the oven and cook for additional 10 minutes, uncovered.
10. Once the beet is done remove and transfer in a bowl.
11. Place a small mound of watercress in the center of the plate, top it with few slices of the roasted beets.
12. Crumble little goat cheese, drizzle some vinaigrette, top it with walnuts and sprinkle coarse black pepper, garnish with chives leaves.
13. Serve the roasted beet salad along with a glass of fine wine.