Tuna Tartare And Herb Salad
|For ginger vinaigrette|
|Fresh ginger||5 Ounce, peeled|
|Grapeseed oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Add More Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Fresh lime juice||6 Tablespoon (1/4 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons, Add More Quantity As Per Taste)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Shallot||1 , minced|
|Cucumber||1 , washed and dried (Japanese / Hot House)|
|Yellowfin tuna||1 1⁄2 Pound (Sashimi Grade)|
|Scallions||2 , trimmed and minced|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Baguette||1 (Thin Long)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For herb salad|
|Mesclun salad||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed and dried|
|Flat leaf parsley leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chive stalks||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1 Inch Long)|
|Fresh mint leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Chervil leaves||2 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Assemble the mise en place trays.
2. To make the vinaigrette, grate the ginger. Wrap the grated ginger in a square of cheesecloth, hold it over a small bowl, and twist the cheesecloth tightly to extract the ginger juice. Stir in the grapeseed oil, lime juice, Tabasco, minced garlic, and shallot. Taste and adjust the flavors with additional oil or citrus juices, if necessary. Set aside.
3. Using the tines of a fork, make long, deep cuts down the length of the cucumber. Slice crosswise into very thin slices. Cover and refrigerate.
4. To prepare the tartare, cut the tuna into 1/4-inch dice. Place in a glass or ceramic bowl and add 3/4 cup of the Ginger Vinaigrette and the minced scallions and toss to mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside at room temperature.
5. To make the croutons, slice the baguette diagonally into 1/4-inch slices so that you have at least 18 slices. (Cut a few extra slices in case guests want more croutons.) Lay the bread slices on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until golden, turning once. Drizzle with the olive oil and set aside.
6. To make the salad, toss the salad and herbs in a bowl. Add the remaining Ginger Vinaigrette and toss to coat.
7. Place a 3-inch round ring mold or pastry cutter in the center of a chilled serving plate. Make a circle of overlapping cucumber slices around the outside circumference of the mold. Lightly pack one portion of the tuna mixture into the mold and lift off the mold. Stand 3 or 4 croutons around the tuna, leaning them slightly outward. Arrange about 1/2 cup of the herb salad on top of the tuna, in between the croutons. Working quickly, assemble the remaining plates. Serve immediately with extra croutons on the side.