Tuna Salad Nicoise
|Small red potatoes||1 Pound, unpeeled, quartered|
|Fresh green beans/One 10-ounce package frozen cut green beans, thawed||3⁄4 Pound, frozen|
|White wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||14 Cup (224 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||1 Pint, halved|
|Canned pitted black olives||6 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned water packed tuna||6 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1. Place the potatoes and eggs in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until the potatoes just test tender, about 20 minutes. Remove the eggs after 15 minutes of cooking, cool them under cold running water, then peel them and finely chop.
2. Meanwhile, cut the fresh beans into 2-inch lengths.
3. When the potatoes are just tender, add the beans (fresh or thawed frozen) to the saucepan and continue cooking the potatoes and beans for about 2 minutes, or until the beans are just crisp-tender. Drain the potatoes and beans.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper. Place the still-warm potatoes and beans in a serving bowl and pour the dressing over them. Toss to coat well.
5. Add the cherry tomatoes and olives to the bowl. Flake the tuna into the bowl with a fork. Toss gently to combine all the ingredients. Sprinkle the chopped egg on top.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2810 Calories from Fat 1000
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g65.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 3743.5 mg156%
Total Carbohydrates 254 g84.7%
Dietary Fiber 30.3 g121.2%
Sugars 23.9 g
Protein 50 g99.1%
Vitamin A 71.5% Vitamin C 308.2%
Calcium 41.9% Iron 160.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet