Seared Scallop Salad
|King scallops||12 Large|
|Low fat spread/Butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Clear honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Ripe pears||2 , washed|
|Rocket||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Watercress||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Clean the scallops removing the thin black vein from around the white meat and coral. Rinse thoroughly and dry on absorbent kitchen paper.
2. Cut into 2-3 thick slices, depending on the scallop size.
3. Heat a griddle pan or heavy- based frying pan, then when hot, add the low-fat spread or butter and allow to melt.
4. Once melted, sear the scallops for 1 minute on each side or until golden. Remove from the pan and reserve.
5. Briskly whisk together the orange juice, balsamic vinegar and honey to make the dressing and reserve.
6. With a small, sharp knife carefully cut the pears into quarters, core then cut into chunks.
7. Mix the rocket leaves, watercress, pear chunks and walnuts. Pile on to serving plates and top with the scallops.
8. Drizzle over the dressing and grind over plenty of black pepper. Serve immediately.