Restaurant-Style Chicken Salad Sandwich
|Canned white chicken chunks/Leftover chicken, cut into chunks||15 Ounce|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Red seedless grapes/Green seedless grapes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved|
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped or large pieces, if desired|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Croissants/100% whole wheat bread slices||4 (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Lettuce leaves||4 , freshly washed and dried (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
1) In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine chunked chicken, celery, grapes, pecans, and mayonnaise. Stir until well-combined.
2) Split a croissant in half horizontally. If desired, broil the cut sides of the croissant to keep them from absorbing the chicken salad filling.
3) Now, place a couple of fresh lettuce leaves on the bottom half of the croissant, put a generous amount of chicken salad on top of the lettuce, and cap it off with the top half of the croissant.
4) Continue until your materials are used up.
5) As an alternative, you may place lettuce leaves on a serving plate, and place a large mound of chicken salad on top. If you have any pecan crumbles left, sprinkle them on top. Place a fresh, hot croissant alongside.
This is just *one* way to make chicken salad. It is also great if you substitute pineapple, chopped dates, raisins, etc., in place of the grapes! You can make this a *very* healthy dish, if you choose, because *you* have control of exactly what goes in it!!!
Calories 1221 Calories from Fat 802
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.4%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 277.1 mg92.4%
Sodium 1107.4 mg46.1%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 20.5 g
Protein 59 g117.6%
Vitamin A 43.1% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet