|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Coarsely ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Romaine head||1 Large|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Golden croutons||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl.
2. Separate romaine leaves; wash and dry well. (This is important so that moisture does not dilute the dressing.) Cut out any coarse ribs; then break the leaves in bite-size pieces in bowl. (You should have about 12 cups.)
3. Place the egg in boiling water in a small saucepan; cover; remove from heat and let stand 1 minute to coddle. Remove from water at once.
4. Top the greens with Parmesan cheese and the anchovies (more or less to suit your taste, as they are salty); break coddled egg over all.
5. Toss salad, spooning from bottom of the bowl each time, until greens are evenly coated with the dressing. Sprinkle with Golden Croutons; toss again to coat well.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1054 Calories from Fat 667
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.2%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 268.9 mg89.6%
Sodium 5120.6 mg213.4%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.4%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 38 g76.6%
Vitamin A 808.7% Vitamin C 57%
Calcium 66.8% Iron 29.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet