Macaroni Salad With Easy Kabobs
|Boiling water||3 Quart|
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package)|
|Diagonally sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Snipped scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared horseradish||1 Teaspoon|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Bologna cubes||20 (1 Inch)|
|Green pepper squares||20 (1 Inch)|
|French dressing||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Early on day:
1. To rapidly boiling water add 1 tablespoon salt. Gradually add macaroni so that water continues to boil; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until just tender. Drain; rinse in cold water; drain again.
2. In large bowl combine macaroni, peas, celery, scallions, horse-radish, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and mayonnaise; refrigerate.
3. In another large bowl combine Bologna cubes, green-pepper squares, olives, and French dressing. Refrigerate.
Just before serving:
1. Pour off and reserve French dressing from Bologna and stuffed-olive mixture; thoroughly toss most or all of this dressing with macaroni mixture; turn into large salad bowl.
2. On each of 10 4 1/2-inch wooden skewers, alternate Bologna cubes and green-pepper squares, topping each skewer with a stuffed olive. Then press these kabobs, spoke fashion, into top of macaroni salad.