Spinach Salad With Oysters
|Spinach leaves||4 Cup (64 tbs), trimmed, thoroughly washed, and drained|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienne-cut into matchstick pieces (Red Variety)|
|Bell pepper pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), julienne-cut into matchstick pieces (Yellow Variety)|
|Thinly sliced onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Shucked oysters||5 Ounce, drain and reserve liquid|
|Reduced-sodium soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. On serving platter arrange spinach leaves; set aside.
2. In 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil; add peppers, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until peppers are tender-crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon over spinach leaves; keep warm.
3. In same skillet cook oysters over high heat, turning once, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. In small bowl combine reserved oyster liquid and remaining ingredients; stir into skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until liquid is reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Using a slotted spoon, arrange oysters over vegetables on serving platter; pour oyster liquid mixture over salad.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.9 mg23.6%
Sodium 908.6 mg37.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 20 g39.6%
Vitamin A 288.1% Vitamin C 305.1%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 66.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet