Hot Hamburger Potato Salad
|Potatoes||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Salad oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Snipped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Chuck||1 Pound, ground|
|Garlic salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pimento strips||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Early on day:
1. Cook potatoes in skins until tender. Cool; peel and slice. Measure 6 cups.
2. Combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, onion, and parsley; toss with potato slices. Refrigerate.
3. Brown chuck in skillet, stirring to keep meat separated in particles; sprinkle with garlic salt; refrigerate. About 1 hour before supper:
1. Start heating oven to 400Â°F.
2. In greased 2-quart casserole, layer potato mixture with browned meat, reserving about 1/2 cup meat.
3. Arrange reserved meat in rows on top; then decorate with strips of pimento.
4. Bake, covered, 30 minutes.