Garlic Orange Salad
|Navel oranges||2 Large|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon (pure)|
|Garlic powder/2 cloves, minced garlic||To Taste|
|Bread slices||2 (good)|
1. Peel the oranges. (If you put the orange peel on a warm stove, the heat will warm the skins and send the scent of orange wafting through your home.)
2. Separate each orange into sections, 1 orange per bowl. Slice each orange section into quarters, keeping the orange in or over the bowl to retain all the juices.
3. Add a cupful of olive oil (1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon) to each bowl. Sprinkle with garlic powder, or mix in 1 garlic clove, minced, per bowl. Sprinkle with black pepper. Mix the seasonings into the oranges.
4. Serve with a slice of warm (not toasted) bread, per serving.
5. Eat the oranges with a tea or salad fork and dip the bread into the juice.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 305 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.9%
Sugars 34.4 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 19.6% Vitamin C 391.3%
Calcium 21% Iron 11.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet