Garlic Orange Salad
|Navel oranges||2 Large|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon (pure)|
|Garlic powder/2 cloves, minced garlic||To Taste|
|Bread slices||2 (good)|
1. Peel the oranges. (If you put the orange peel on a warm stove, the heat will warm the skins and send the scent of orange wafting through your home.)
2. Separate each orange into sections, 1 orange per bowl. Slice each orange section into quarters, keeping the orange in or over the bowl to retain all the juices.
3. Add a cupful of olive oil (1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon) to each bowl. Sprinkle with garlic powder, or mix in 1 garlic clove, minced, per bowl. Sprinkle with black pepper. Mix the seasonings into the oranges.
4. Serve with a slice of warm (not toasted) bread, per serving.
5. Eat the oranges with a tea or salad fork and dip the bread into the juice.