Asian Pear, Mache, Feta, & Bacon Salad With Coarse-grain Mustard & Molasses Vinaigrette
|For the vinaigrette|
|Coarse grain mustard||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Packed)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly cracked black pepper||To Taste|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|For the salad|
|Asian pear||1 , core removed, sliced thin|
|Mache||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Can Substitute Any Green)|
|Feta||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), crumbled|
|Cooked bacon||4 , crumbled|
|For the peppery candied walnut|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon (Packed)|
|Freshly cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
For the Salad:
1) In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the vinaigrette except olive oil until thoroughly combined. While continuing to whisk constantly, slowly drizzle in olive oil to form an emulsifed vinaigrette. Adjust seasoning to taste with kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of dressing for garnish.
2) Add mache and sliced pear to vinaigrette and toss to coat.
4) Divide salad evenly among four plates. Sprinkle each salad with crumbled feta, bacon, and candied walnuts (see below). To garnish, drizzle a teaspoon of reserved vinaigrette around the perimeter of the plate.
For the Peppery Candied Walnuts:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2) Mix together all candied walnut ingredients in abowl until walnuts are evenly coated.
3) Pour walnuts onto prepared baking sheet and scatter into a single layer.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes until nuts turn a deep golden. Stir every 5 minutes to prevent nuts from burning.
5) Remove from oven. Cool nuts completely on the pan. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
For more delicious Food Porn Daily recipes, check out the Food Porn Daily cookbook! Visit FoodPornDaily.com for more information.