Fried Chicken Salad with Cashew
|Whole chicken breasts||3 , boned, skinned and cut into 1/2 inch strips|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Dredge)|
|Salt||To Taste (To Dredge)|
|Pepper||To Taste (To Dredge)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tarragon vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Button mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Curly endive head||1 , washed and leaves torn apart|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Purple onion||1 , thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|Whole cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Dip chicken strips in milk; dredge in flour mixture.
2. In a medium-size skillet, heat oil. Fry strips about 7 minutes, until golden brown; remove and drain on paper towel.
3. Add vinegar to skillet and scrape to deglaze.
4. Pour into a bowl, add soy sauce and mustard; mix well. Stir in shallot and mushrooms and toss to coat.
5. Divide endive and tomatoes evenly onto six plates.
6. To serve, pour mushroom mixture over lettuce and tomatoes. Garnish with fried chicken, onion rings and cashews.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2011 Calories from Fat 843
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g148.9%
Saturated Fat 16.6 g82.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 306.8 mg102.3%
Sodium 1397.8 mg58.2%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g44.1%
Dietary Fiber 27.3 g109.3%
Sugars 34.8 g
Protein 155 g310.1%
Vitamin A 288.4% Vitamin C 216.8%
Calcium 55.8% Iron 88.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet