Fried Chicken Salad With Cashew
|Whole chicken breasts||3 , boned, skinned and cut into 1/2 inch strips|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (To Dredge)|
|Salt||To Taste (To Dredge)|
|Pepper||To Taste (To Dredge)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tarragon vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Button mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Curly endive head||1 , washed and leaves torn apart|
|Cherry tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Purple onion||1 , thinly sliced and separated into rings|
|Whole cashews||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Dip chicken strips in milk; dredge in flour mixture.
2. In a medium-size skillet, heat oil. Fry strips about 7 minutes, until golden brown; remove and drain on paper towel.
3. Add vinegar to skillet and scrape to deglaze.
4. Pour into a bowl, add soy sauce and mustard; mix well. Stir in shallot and mushrooms and toss to coat.
5. Divide endive and tomatoes evenly onto six plates.
6. To serve, pour mushroom mixture over lettuce and tomatoes. Garnish with fried chicken, onion rings and cashews.