Summer Salad With Herb Toasts
|Asparagus spears||8 Ounce (250 gram)|
|Mange tout||3 Ounce (90 gram snow peas)|
|Frisee head||1⁄2 (curly endive)|
|Celery stick||1 , cut into fine julienne|
|Courgette||1 , cut into fine julienne|
|Cherry tomatoes||12 , halved|
|Olive oil/Nut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|For herb toasts|
|French stick||1 (thin)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, softened (60 gram)|
|Ground almonds||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chopped mixed herbs||3 Tablespoon (e.g. basil, tarragon, parsley, marjoram, chives)|
1. Break off and discard the woody ends of the asparagus. Peel the stalks and cut each spear in half. Cook in boiling water for 4-5 minutes only, then refresh with cold water, drain and allow to cool. Blanch the mange tout (snow peas) in boiling water for 1 minute, refresh and cool as above.
2. Tear the cos lettuce and frisee (endive) into bite-size pieces and place in a bowl with the asparagus, mange tout (snow peas), celery, courgette (zucchini) and tomatoes. Cover and chill until required.
3. To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl or shake in a screw-top jar to combine.
4. For the herb toasts, cut the French stick into 2.5cm (1 inch) slices. In a bowl, blend together the butter, ground almonds, garlic and herbs.
5. Just before serving, preheat the grill and toast the bread until golden on both sides. Divide the garlic and herb butter between the hot toasts.
Flash under the grill for a few seconds to heat through. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss lightly and serve with the herb toasts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1270 Calories from Fat 995
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.5%
Saturated Fat 38.2 g191.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.9 mg40.6%
Sodium 955.9 mg39.8%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.6%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 17 g34.7%
Vitamin A 671.4% Vitamin C 338.1%
Calcium 38.1% Iron 57.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet