Tropical Fruit Salad With Roasted Almonds
|Ripe mangoes||2 Large|
|Guavas||3 (Use Canned If Fresh Are Not Available)|
|Black grapes||8 (Preferably Seedless)|
|White grapes||8 (Preferably Seedless)|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||14 Ounce (60 Gram 12 Ounce)|
|Half fat fromage frais||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
1. Prepare the fruit (try to save all the juices as you work): remove the flesh from the mangoes and discard the stones and skin. Cut the papayas in half and scoop out the seeds. Peel and cut the flesh into chunks. Deseed the guavas if desired and scoop out chunks of the flesh with a spoon. Place all these in a serving bowl as they are ready.
2. Cut the grapes in half or leave them whole as you wish, and place these in the bowl as well. Cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds. Using a melon bailer or sharp-sided spoon, scoop out flesh in balls and add to the bowl.
3. Pare the skin from the pineapple, halve and remove the core. Slice thickly and then cut the
slices into chunks. Peel the bananas, slice them and add to the bowl. Halve and core the apple, then cut into coarse chunks, add to the bowl. Pour over any captured juices and toss lightly to mix.
4. Cut the figs into quarters. Peel the kiwi fruits and slice them. Place the kiwi slices and fig quarters on top of the fruit salad and dust with some icing sugar. Put to chill briefly.
5. Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over moderate heat, turning frequently and taking care they do not burn, until well coloured.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4915 Calories from Fat 1733
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 207 g318.5%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g86.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 272.9 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 747 g249%
Dietary Fiber 130.1 g520.4%
Sugars 516.5 g
Protein 115 g230.4%
Vitamin A 431.9% Vitamin C 3206.2%
Calcium 166.8% Iron 129.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet