Cauliflower Parsley Salad With Chicken
|Boneless skinless chicken breast||1 Pound|
|Cauliflower florets||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Japanese rice vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Walnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh tarragon/1 teaspoon dried tarragon||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Papaya||1⁄4 Pound (1 Papaya)|
|Packed parsley||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, reduce the heat to low, partially cover the pan and simmer 10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate, cover loosely with plastic wrap and set aside to cool.
2. Bring a medium-size saucepan of water to a boil. Blanch the cauliflower in the boiling water 2 to 4 minutes, or until it is tender when pierced with a knife. Drain the cauliflower, cool under cold running water and set aside to drain again.
3. For the dressing, in a small bowl stir together the vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, sugar, tarragon and pepper; set aside.
4. Peel and seed the papaya and cut it into 1-inch cubes. Halve and core the tomatoes, then cut them into 1/2-inch-thick wedges. When the chicken is cool, cut it on the diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
5. Place the cauliflower, papaya, tomatoes, chicken and parsley in a large bowl.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1986 Calories from Fat 639
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g111.6%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 263.1 mg87.7%
Sodium 1871.3 mg78%
Total Carbohydrates 194 g64.6%
Dietary Fiber 32.8 g131.1%
Sugars 30.3 g
Protein 150 g300.2%
Vitamin A 886.7% Vitamin C 1427.1%
Calcium 103.6% Iron 265.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet