Grilled Squid With Miner's Lettuce Salad And Green Sauce
|Lemon||1 , grated zest and juice|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), very finely chopped|
|Smoked spanish paprika||1 Teaspoon (Pimineton Dela Vera)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Small squid||1 Pound (Cleaned Bodies)|
|For green sauce|
|Anchovy fillets||4 , chopped|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, drained|
|Shallot||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped (Large Clove)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mint leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced chives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Miners lettuce/Baby arugula||1 Pound|
|Cooked chickpeas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Torn mint leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Prepare the squid: In a medium bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice with the garlic, pimenton. olive oil and parsley. Add the squid and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
2. Make the green sauce: In a food processor, combine the anchovies with the capers, shallot, garlic, parsley, mint, chives and lemon zest and juice and process until minced. With the machine on, slowly pour in the olive oil. Season the green sauce with salt and pepper.
3. Make the salad: In a large bowl, mix the lemon juice and shallot and let stand for 10 minutes. Whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the miner's lettuce, chickpeas, mint and parsley; toss.
4. Meanwhile, light a grill. Remove the squid from the marinade and season with salt. Grill the squid over high heat until it is lightly charred and just cooked, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Mound the salad on 2 plates. Spoon the green sauce onto the plates, top with the grilled squid and serve right away.