Hot Potato Salad
|Potatoes||4 Pound (12 Medium Size)|
|Egg yolks||4 , beaten|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pickled beets||2 , cut in strips|
1. Wash, pare and cook potatoes.
2. Cook about 20 min., or until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain.
3. To dry potatoes, shake pan over low heat. To heat potato masher, food mill or ricer and a mixing bowl, scald them with boiling water. Mash or rice potatoes thoroughly. If necessary, keep potatoes hot over simmering water.
4. Meanwhile, cream butter until softened.
5. Blend in egg yolks, cream, cider vinegar and a mixture of salt, sugar and pepper.
6. Stir in chopped parley and onion.
7. Add the hot mashed potatoes and mix until thoroughly blended. Turn into a warm serving dish. Garnish with Sprigs of parsley, beets and lemon slices.