Two Rice And Pasta Salad
|Dried currants||2 Tablespoon|
|Wild rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bow tie pasta||1 3⁄4 Ounce (1/2 Cup, Small Size)|
|Bosc pears||3⁄4 Pound|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Non fat sour cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|2% low fat milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Diced red bell peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lettuce leaves||8 Large|
|Shelled toasted pistachios||3⁄4 Ounce (1/4 Cup)|
1. Place the currants in a small bowl with hot water to cover; set aside.
2. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the wild rice and brown rice, and cook, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes. Add the pasta and cook 8 minutes. Drain the rice and pasta in a large strainer, cool under cold water and set aside to drain.
3. Core the pears, cut them into 3/4-inch cubes and place them in a bowl. Add the lemon juice and toss well.
4. For the dressing, in a small bowl combine the sour cream, milk, chutney, curry powder, the remaining salt and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice from the bowl of pears.
5. In a large bowl combine the rice and pasta with the bell peppers, carrots, scallions, pears and currants. Add the dressing and toss well, then cover the bowl and refrigerate until well chilled.