Wax Bean And Cherry Tomato Salad With Goat Cheese
|Packed basil leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Yellow wax beans||3⁄4 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh goat cheese||6 Ounce, crumbled (Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cherry tomatoes||1⁄2 Pound, halved|
|Shallot||1 , thinly sliced|
|Thai green chili||1 , minced|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the basil for 20 seconds. Plunge the basil leaves into a bowl of ice water; drain and squeeze dry.
2. Cook the beans in the boiling water until just tender, 4 minutes. Transfer the beans to the ice water; drain and pat dry. Cut the beans on the bias into 1-inch lengths.
3. In a blender, puree the basil with the vegetable oil. Strain and season with salt.
4. In a food processor, puree the 6 ounces of goat cheese with the buttermilk, lime juice and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt.
5. In a large bowl, toss together the cherry tomatoes, shallot, chile, red wine vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt. Let stand for 15 minutes, tossing a few times.
6. Toss the wax beans with the goat cheese dressing. Mound the beans on plates and top with the cherry tomato salad. Drizzle with the basil oil, sprinkle with the crumbled goat cheese and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1601 Calories from Fat 1221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g209.4%
Saturated Fat 35.2 g175.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78.2 mg26.1%
Sodium 1146.5 mg47.8%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.7%
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 41 g81.4%
Vitamin A 126.5% Vitamin C 118.2%
Calcium 61% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet