Orzo Salad with Tomatoes, Feta and Green Onions
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Grape tomato/Red and yellow||2 Cup (32 tbs), halved|
|Feta cheese||7 Ounce, cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Basil||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Spring onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), toasted|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. In a bowl, put together olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey and lemon juice, and gradually whisk all the ingredients together. Cover and chill.
2. In large heavy saucepan, bring broth to a boil.
3. Stir in orzo, reduce heat to medium, cover partially and allow to cook for about 6 minutes or until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
4. Drain the pasta in a large bowl, tossing frequently until cool.
5. Mix tomatoes, basil, pine nuts and green onions into orzo.
6. Stir and pour the vinaigrette dressing on top and toss well to coat.
7. Add the feta cheese and toss to mix.
8. Taste the salad and season with salt and pepper if needed.
9. Serve at room temperature and refrigerate leftovers, and enjoy after a couple of days too.