Roasted Beet And Asparagus Salad
|Beets||2 Large, roasted|
|Asparagus||6 Medium, peeled|
|Romano cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Salad greens||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the dressing|
|Balsamic vinegar||4 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
1. In a pot with boiling water on medium high, add the asparagus without stems and let it cook for 2 minutes until soft. Once done, drain and set aside the cooked asparagus.
2. On a chopping board, take the boiled beets and peel off the skin and cut them into wedges and set aside.
3. For the dressing: In a mixing bowl, pour balsamic vinegar, add salt, black pepper, garlic and whisk well.
4. Pour in the olive oil and continue whisking until well incorporated.
5. Add in the salad greens, Romano cheese and coat it well with the dressing.
6. In a serving bowl, place the asparagus on one side and top it up with the salad greens coated with the dressing and serve immediately garnished with some Romano cheese.
Calories 764 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.7%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13 mg4.3%
Sodium 1814.2 mg75.6%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.3%
Dietary Fiber 27.3 g109.2%
Sugars 67.5 g
Protein 21 g41.2%
Vitamin A 20.7% Vitamin C 86.9%
Calcium 31.4% Iron 52.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet