Beets are a treat any time of year, but especially in winter when other fresh produce is harder to find. Chef Maxwell shares a recipe for a healthy and colorful salad
2 Large, roasted
6 Medium, peeled
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
For the dressing
Extra virgin olive oil
1. In a pot with boiling water on medium high, add the asparagus without stems and let it cook for 2 minutes until soft. Once done, drain and set aside the cooked asparagus.
2. On a chopping board, take the boiled beets and peel off the skin and cut them into wedges and set aside.
3. For the dressing: In a mixing bowl, pour balsamic vinegar, add salt, black pepper, garlic and whisk well.
4. Pour in the olive oil and continue whisking until well incorporated.
5. Add in the salad greens, Romano cheese and coat it well with the dressing.
6. In a serving bowl, place the asparagus on one side and top it up with the salad greens coated with the dressing and serve immediately garnished with some Romano cheese.
Watch this excellent video and join Chef Maxwell as he shares a recipe for a healthy and colorful salad. See this impressive video and make your own fresh salad with asparagus, beet and salad greens. This video is interesting and surely a must watch!