Curried Chicken Salad
|Whole chicken breasts||4|
|Celery stalks||1 (Plus 1/2 Cup Chopped Celery)|
|Chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched|
|Red apples||1 , peeled, core and chopped finely|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Mayonnaise||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Bibb lettuce head||1 , separated|
|Watercress||1 (As Needed)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
|Curry powder||3 Tablespoon|
1) In large saucepan, place chicken breasts with water to cover.
2) Stir in whole celery stalk to chicken and simmer 25 to 30 minutes.
3) In a small skillet, melt butter and sauté almonds for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
4) Using slotted spoon remove almonds from skillet and place on paper towels.
5) In a bowl, place apples and dredge with lemon juice.
6) Remove the skin and bone cooked chicken,
7) Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes and set aside.
8) In a non-stick pan, sauté the bacon until crisp; crumble and set aside.
9) Stir in mayonnaise and curry powder until well-blended.
10) In a bowl, mix together chicken pieces, almonds, apples, 1/2 cup chopped celery, and curry mayonnaise.
11) Toss the chicken mixture to coat lightly.
12) Serve the Curried Chicken Salad on the bed of watercress and garnish with parsley.
Calories 1190 Calories from Fat 879
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.2%
Saturated Fat 14.4 g72.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.8 mg63.3%
Sodium 806.9 mg33.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.4%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 54 g108.5%
Vitamin A 65.8% Vitamin C 18.8%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 39.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet