|Beets||2 Large, boiled (with greens)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|For the dressing|
|Apple cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Mint leaves||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Peanut oil||3 Teaspoon|
|Goat cheese||1 Small, sliced|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
1. In a pot of boiling water on heat, chop the leaves of the beets and add them to the pot for blanching for 30 seconds. Once done, immediately remove the leaves and transfer them into a bowl of ice water and set aside.
2. On a chopping board, place the boiled beet and chop it into 1 inch cubes and set aside.
3. For the dressing: In a bowl, add and combine the apple cider vinegar, garlic, mint and dijon mustard. Whisk well.
4. Pour in the peanut oil and continue whisking. Once done, divide the dressing into two bowls.
5. Take 1 bowl, add the beets, onions and toss until well coated. Set it aside for 3 minutes.
6. Take the other bowl and add 1 finely chopped blanched beet greens and mix until well combined.
7. Take a serving plate, place one blanched leaf. Take a biscuit cutter and place it in the center of the leaf. Add about 2 tablespoon of the beet-vinaigrette mixture into the biscuit cutter. Top this with the marinated beet greens dressing. Place one slice of the goat cheese over the beet salad and remove the biscuit cutter.
8. Serve this beet salad garnished with some walnuts and extra dressing on the side.
Calories 266 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.9 mg1.3%
Sodium 768.6 mg32%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 13.4 g53.6%
Sugars 31.6 g
Protein 9 g18.3%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 42.1%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet