Rice Salad With Currants
|Long grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Currants/Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shredded mint||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use Fresh)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool, tossing occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, in a dry medium frying pan, toast pine nuts over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned, shaking pan frequently. Set aside to cool.
3. Trim scallion greens down to 3 inches. Cut remaining white and green of scallion into 1/2-inch pieces.
4. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Beat with a fork to blend.
5. Add scallions, currants or raisins, and mint to rice. Toss gently to mix. Pour dressing over salad and toss again.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2564 Calories from Fat 1083
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g191.2%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2975 mg124%
Total Carbohydrates 327 g109%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g57.9%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 37 g73.6%
Vitamin A 114.5% Vitamin C 108.9%
Calcium 39.3% Iron 75.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet